Although I do not have a biological son, I have adopted a son and I love him like if I gave birth to him, this was a welcomed book for me to read more about this relationship
It is easy to relate to the need for all of us to feel a mother’s love, but is that the same thing as respect? Even for young boys, the effect of respect is nothing short of astounding when applied properly
Mom's are all about teaching Daddies how to treat their daughters but mom feels like she has no one to coach her and give her ideas on how to respect their sons at least not in a way that is applicable and fully explained. All realize that little girls need daddy’s love, but who is strongly promoting the truth that little boys (and big ones) need Mom's respect? No wonder mothers feel left in the dark on this topic.
Just as Emerson Eggerichs transformed millions of marital relationships with a biblical understanding of love and respect, he now turns these principles to one of the most important relationships of all, a mother and her son.
Chapter Titles are:
- Why This Book?
- Understanding What Respect Looks Like To Boys
- A Game Plan
- Seeing the Man in the Boy
- Respecting His Desire to Work and Achieve
- Respecting His Desire to Provide, Protect and Even Die
- Respecting His Desire to Be Strong and to Lead and to Make Decisions
- Respecting His Desire to Analyze, Solve and Counsel
- Respecting His Desire for a Shoulder-to-Shoulder Friendship
- Respecting His Desire for Sexual Understanding and "Knowing"
- An Empathetic Look at the Motherly Objections to Respecting a Boy