Have you ever felt like your spouse has checked out emotionally, it feels like there are a million miles between you ? There are many reasons why we feel this way
1) Stress- men especially do not like to discuss why they are stressed, almost like it makes them look weak which is not the cue at all.
2) Lack of effort: Sometimes the problem is a little less obvious than unforgiveness or harsh treatment. It is easy, especially for men, to just assume that the relationship is going along just fine, and so we don't put in as much effort as we once did. We start to take our spouse for granted, leading them to think that they are not important in our lives. When the marriage slips from being one of the top priorities in the heart of one or both spouses, the other person feels abandoned. This causes them to feel unwanted and then to withdraw into their own world.
3) lack of time- we have such busy schedules - we do not have the time to plan a date night- no matter what you need to make time for each other, not just with sex, but have regular date nights, watch a movie, go for a drive and talk, tell him how you are feeling. Make time for each other
4) If you two have been arguing a lot your spouse may be walking on egg shells these days. Maintaining distance may be their attempt to avoid getting into another argument.
5) Overbearing The two of you are always together. Instead of having time separately and to enjoy your friends everything you do is with your spouse. There's a possibility that your spouse wants a little bit of space and hasn't figured out how to tell you.
6) Tired- My husband has had an incredibly busy week, he has done gardening here and at the church, he has moved our new pastor in, he has painted etc, he is exhausted... let him rest, don't bug him, he needs the down time