HUSBANDS: What your WIFE wants ...
1. MAKE DATE NIGHTS A PRIORITY: Check your calendar, find a babysitter and go out on a date every week.
2. WRITE HER A SWEET NOTE: Whether you use paper and pen, or text it to her, just get it done. Tell her 10 things you like about her or remind her that she still rocks your world.
3. ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HER IN A POSITIVE LIGHT: Say praising things to others about her … especially if she’s present. Find something to compliment her on everyday.
4. TOUCH HER ... A LOT: She needs you to hold her hand, to cuddle with her on the couch or to rub her shoulder’s ... it's is called affection, and it may be your wife’s number one need.
5. PRAY FOR HER: Spend some time during your day praying for your wife, and then tell her that you did, or even better, pray with her.
6. HELP HER AROUND THE HOUSE: We’re not talking about changing the oil in the car, but more like running a vacuum, washing the dishes or helping out with the kids on a regular basis.
7. TAKE AN INTEREST IN SOMETHING YOUR WIFE LIKES: You did this before you were married, why not do it again. Go shopping with her or watch a television show with her that she likes, but take an interest in her likes.
8. BE THE LEADER: Do more than just provide for your family, be the leader in the home by modeling values and integrity.
9. VALUE YOUR MARRIAGE: What we put into our relationships and marriage is what we’ll get out of them. Make your marriage a priority and find value in it.
10. COOK & CLEAN UP: Occasionally cook dinner and don't forget to clean up after yourself when you’re done; or take her out.
WIVES: What your HUSBAND wants ...
1. PROMISE TO NEVER USE THE SILENT TREATMENT AGAIN: Instead of the silent treatment, just try sharing your heart in a kind way.
2. GIVE YOUR HUBBY LOTS OF PRAISE, BOTH PRIVATELY AND PUBLICLY: Your husband LOVES to be bragged on, and if you can’t find something to brag on him about, you’re not looking hard enough.
3. PUT YOUR MARRIAGE ON THE FRONT BURNER: Jobs, children, and hobbies all come second to your relationship with your husband. The only relationship more important than your marriage is your relationship with God.
4. MAKE YOUR LOVE SIZZLE. Most likely your husband’s number one need is sexual fulfillment. Fulfilling his needs should never come across as a chore, but as a priority.
5. DRESS TO PLEASE YOUR HUSBAND: Your husband is very visual, so you be visually generous.
6. TAKE AN INTEREST IN SOMETHING HE LIKES TO DO: Educate yourself on your husband’s hobbies so you can talk about things he likes to talk about. If your husband likes to fish, hunt, golf, work on cars, etc. … learn to take interest in those things.
7. FLIRT ... A LOT. Before you were married, you flirted with your husband to let him know you were interested in him. Don't stop after you've won him. He still loves it.
8. MAKE HIM A COUPON BOOK. Whether they’re naughty or nice, every husband would love a little book of handmade coupons for everything from a night out on the town to a bedtime massage.
9. TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM AND ARE PROUD OF HIM EVERYDAY.
10. KISS HIM: Make it a habit to start every day with a kiss … and then greet him with a hug and kiss when he arrives home too.