I have been Nominated for the Liebster Award!
I’m so excited that Terri-Grothe has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
I was nominated by Sherri -Making it pay to stay
thank you so much!
What is a Liebster Award? Well, according to Wordingwell.com here are the details:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
Now, here are the Liebster Award Rules:
1. Acknowledge and link back your nominator–that’s me.
2. Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Think of 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that you have nominated them
Here are the 11 questions from Sherri that I need to answer:
1. Do you know what will happen to you when you die and why? I know my soul will go to heaven, I know that because I know Jesus as my personal saviour
2. Who is/was the most positive influence on your life and why? My grandpa who passed away last May, he was such a positive and upbeat person, never negative or upset
3. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a nurse, even though to this day I'm not, I still really want to
4. What has been the most difficult experience in your life and what did you learn from it? Being diagnosed with an incurable bladder disease, Intersistial Cystsis , it is a chronic pain and has interrupted my entire life
5. What’s a life long dream that you’ve had that you would do if money were no object? A 6 month trip to Bora Bora with my husband and daughter
6. What is your biggest fear? Losing my husband and daughter and being alone
7. Where is your favorite location in the entire world? I love Charlotte North Carolina and Kansas City
8. What are you most insecure about? Myself- I am not one of these people who is always taking selfies and plastering my picture everywhere, I struggle with little to no self esteem
9. What are you really great at? I like to think I'm great at being a friend, I like to be there for my friends
10. What do people come to you for advice on? Marriage especially since I started my marriage and family blog
11. In your opinion, what is the world’s most pressing issue that needs to be addressed? The absolute horror that is going on this world with I S I S, it scares me but I know it's all going to ok , the other thing is world hunger, it really hurts to see little babies etc
11 Nominees for the Liebster award
To my nominees, here are your list of 11 questions that you must answer!
1) Where do you get the ideas for your blog posts?
2) An idea that changed your life?
3) If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
4) What are your fav things to blog about?
5) What is a piece of advice you would like to give
6) What is your favourite quote
7) What is your dream job
8) What inspires you
9) If you could live anywhere, where would it be
10) what is a hard lesson
11) Who is your role model