1. Put God first~ I once read a poem- Marriage Takes Three, so true, we need God to be in our marriages.
2. Love one another with actions~ Do things to make their lives easier- pack his lunch on the morning he/she is running late etc.
3. Apologize often~ Even if you feel you are not to blame, apologize, it will make you both feel better
4. Give generously~ Give of your self, satisfy each other's needs.
5. Live simply~ Exactly as it says
6. Forgive quickly~ Don't let fights go on and on, forgive, talk and move on
7. Always be kind~ Do not air your dirty laundry to your friends or family, it will hurt your spouse to know you told someone, so be kind to him.
8. Don't blame~ There is nothing gained by throwing the blame around, refer to # 3 and #6.
9. Touch each other~ I make it a point to hug him first thing in the morning and last thing I do at night, I love when we touch, makes me feel so close.
10. Listen more than speak~ Let him/her talk, do not interrupt, let them get it all out then offer some advice if they asked.