Everyone likes Soup ( except my hubby)
there is nothing more comforting then to sit with a steaming bowl of home made veggie soup.
Here is the recipe i wanna to share
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken (3 pounds) boned, skinned, and visible fat removed, diced, (save
- the bones and carcass)
- Creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups assorted chopped fresh vegetables, such has beans,zucchini yellow squash.
- 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves, cleaned and stemmed
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 pound assorted small dried pasta shapes, such as stars, tubes, shells, etc.
- 12 small thermoses
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
This can be frozen in packages and used when you need that warm food into your body, take it out and warm and eat it.